Mine Survey Tech
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Set-out design control, drill holes, ore and waste blocks, and grade control on time according to work priorities
- Proactively check as-built for design compliance as areas are mined and provide additional control as required to remediate variances
- Collect geotechnical data at the required interval and according to specifications determined by geotechnical engineer
- Assist Senior Surveyor with month end data collection and surface creation
- Produce hard copy plans for operations and technical team
- Maintain record of survey data
- Develop a sense of continuous improvement, seek to improve survey processes to maximise quality and improve efficiency of work.
- Report any safety incidents, non-compliance events, and hazards
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Carries out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Survey certification, degree, or formal training course is preferred
- 1-5 years of experience in a hard rock mining environment
- Competent with survey software, some knowledge of mining CAD software
Key Working Relationships (List internal and external main points of contact for the role)
- Excellent problem solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals.
- The ability to make a decision from a range of competing options where the outcomes are not entirely predictable.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convince others to co-operate and contribute.
- Advanced numerical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Strong monitoring & improvement focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work within a team.
Commitment and Responsibility
To work by the values of the company.
Be Accountable for achieving your goals through strong leadership and commitment to the job at hand and convert discussions into Actions and actions into results; Be Innovative and strive for continuous improvement on our productivities; Promote Teamwork spirit and arise together to face challenges; Demonstrate Integrity and responsibility through honest, Respectful and transparent communication.
To comply with all legal requirements, systems, procedures, and rules in place or introduced to protect the safety and health of employees, the company’s assets, the general public and the environment. These include but are not limited to:
- Care of Self: To perform all work and associated functions safely including correctly using all personal protective clothing and equipment, obeying all lawful written and verbal safety and health instructions and being familiar with the location of first aid, fire protection and evacuation facilities and procedures. To seek appropriate first aid or medical treatment when required and to present for work at all times in a healthy, fit condition. To not undertake or perform any task that is reasonably considered unsafe.
- Care of Equipment: To establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work are.
- Procedures: To follow all Standard Operating Procedures specified for particular equipment or tasks and be proactive in participating in safety processes, including complying with all local rules and requirements that may be introduced or varied from time to time.
- Reporting: To take corrective action to eliminate hazards within the workplace and / or to report hazards that cannot be corrected. To report all accidents, incidents, property damage and workplace hazards and assist in investigations if required.
Drive for results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Problem Solving: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
Communication – open, oral and written: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of OceanaGold; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions. Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally, verbally or written in individual or group situations.
Planning and Organizing/Time Management: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Other Criteria: Satisfactory results from the prescribed medical examination and physical appraisal which may indicate fitness and ability to carry out prescribed tasks to required performance and safety standards.
Production of a satisfactory security clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Haile Gold Mine, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
Must be eligible to work in the United States to Apply
21 May 2020
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2020