JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain Computer/Server Environment:
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Document and maintain IT inventory
- Allocate and maintain IT equipment
- Prioritize and escalate issues as necessary
- Resolve and document all assigned service requests/incidents
Carries out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
Education & Certifications
- High School Diploma
- An associate degree from a college or technical school or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1 year experience using helpdesk software is preferred
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to details.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Commitment and Responsibility
To work by the values of the company.
Be Accountable for achieving your goals through strong leadership and commitment to the job at hand and convert discussions into Actions and actions into results; Be Innovative and strive for continuous improvement on our productivities; Promote Teamwork spirit and arise together to face challenges; Demonstrate Integrity and responsibility through honest, Respectful and transparent communication.
To comply with all legal requirements, systems, procedures, and rules in place or introduced to protect the safety and health of employees, the company’s assets, the general public and the environment. These include but are not limited to:
- Care of Self: To perform all work and associated functions safely including correctly using all personal protective clothing and equipment, obeying all lawful written and verbal safety and health instructions and being familiar with the location of first aid, fire protection and evacuation facilities and procedures. To seek appropriate first aid or medical treatment when required and to present for work at all times in a healthy, fit condition. To not undertake or perform any task that is reasonably considered unsafe.
- Care of Equipment: To establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work are.
- Procedures: To develop and follow all Standard Operating Procedures specified for particular equipment or tasks and be proactive in participating in safety processes, including complying with all local rules and requirements that may be introduced or varied from time to time.
- Reporting: To take corrective action to eliminate hazards within the workplace and / or to report hazards that cannot be corrected. To report all accidents, incidents, property damage and workplace hazards and assist in investigations if required.
Drive for results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment from others; mobilizes people to take action, using creative approaches to motivate others to meet Haile Gold Mine’s goals.
Coaching: Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their skill development by providing clear, behaviorally specific performance feedback, and making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem.
Problem Solving: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one's words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Judgment: Makes sound decisions; bases decisions on fact rather than emotion; analyzes problems skillfully, uses logic to reach solutions.
Communication – oral and written: Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally, verbally or written in individual or group situations.
Other Criteria: Satisfactory results from the prescribed medical examination and physical appraisal which may indicate fitness and ability to carry out prescribed tasks to required performance and safety standards.
Production of a satisfactory security clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- OceanaGold promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
Must be eligible to work in the United States to Apply
22 May 2020
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2020