- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the standard contract document and the specific conditions of each construction contract to assist contractors and Project personnel in understanding and administering the contract.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Maintain adequate controls to protect the integrity of the tendering process before, during, and after the contracts have been awarded, particularly with regard to competitive bidding and confidentiality.
- Minimize the company’s exposure to contractor claims and disputes by ensuring contracts are well prepared and administered in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Manage the contract preparation, tendering, and award activities
- Consult with the Project Manager and Construction Manager on a continuing basis on tender awards, legal procedures, major financial decisions, etc, and prepare monthly progress/status reports as required.
- Review tenders, assist in the detailed evaluation process, attend and minute post-tender meetings, and check submissions for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Review contractor Progress Claims for completeness and accuracy and obtain management approvals in accordance with the Project Authorisation Matrix.
- Assist in the review and updating of Project Execution policies and procedures to ensure tender and contract management processes align with corporate and site policies.
Respect: Demonstrates a high standard of behaviour and conduct and work ethics
Integrity: Acts as a positive role model and works to high standards
Teamwork: Builds excellent working relationships , contributes to and is committed to the team purpose and objectives
Innovation: Acts with initiative and proactively identifies and works through problems to reach a solution
Action: Possesses the job knowledge, skills and performance that ensure duties are undertaken efficiently and to a high standard
Accountability: Demonstrates commitment to and proactively participates in their role and health and safety processes
Position Required Capabilities
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate professional conduct
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity
- Develops and maintains a positive working relation with others
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, including Microsoft Word, PDF and Excel
- Knowledge of Pronto
- Must possess the ability to apply common sense or logic to a problem-solving solution and data analysis skills.
- 5-10 years of contract administration experience in a related field
- Degree qualified in finance, business administration, law or related discipline.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
Must be eligible to work in the United States to Apply
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2020