The EIC Projects Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and monitoring construction activities for site projects being undertaken by the Capital Projects Group. The position will assist under the overall direction of the Project Manager and aid with coordinating the daily activities between contractors and construction management for the various projects being undertaken onsite.
- Planning and executing Construction activities
- Manage contractor(s) on site
- Provide technical expertise
- Assist in the development of Project Policies and Procedures
- Liaison with OGC operations and maintenance groups
- Promote safety health & environmental awareness in order to prevent injuries and/or damage.
- Carry out and document field leadership safety interactions with work groups.
- Take all appropriate actions to remove and/or manage the hazards within Construction work areas.
- Ensure all incidents are reported via line management and ensure open communication is maintained for all HS&E information.
- Lead and Participate in incident investigations and ensure actions are implemented and closed in the required time frames.
- Participate in Project Risk assessment development for work packages/projects and actively monitor/implement subsequent control measures.
- Coordinate interfaces between the Project Superintendent, QAQC, 3rd party survey, contractor and any other relevant party to field project needs regarding the completion of activities.
- Maintain daily records of works management, including incidents, progress, delays and the achievement of milestones. Ensure the Superintendent is promptly informed of all relevant matters and developments associated with construction activities and site works management.
- Ensure construction activities are being completed as indicated in the construction documents.
- Report any variations in actual construction from construction documents to Superintendent.
- Provide production information as needed to the Project Team
- Provide input and oversight for construction methodology to improve efficiency
- Detailed understanding of the project budget during construction activities and subsequent management of cost tracking.
- Actively look for opportunities to implement cost savings without effecting safety, schedule or quality of works being undertaken.
- Ensure all works under area of control are completed to a standard that is fit for purpose and meets the end users’ requirements.
- Ensure works under area of control have the appropriate QA/QC documentation (inspection test plans) in place prior to the work commencing. Carry out QC inspections and ensure QC inspection test plans are signed off at the required witness and hold points prior to work progressing.
- Ensure that quantity and quality of testing is as prescribed by project specifications and/or record of construction
- Respect - Remains professional and confident while treating everyone with fairness
- Integrity – Builds moral and embraces diversity though mutual respect and confidence to achieve common goals.
- Teamwork – Improves and adds value to work activities through empowerment and operational leadership within and between departments.
- Innovation – Quickly understands situations and uses resources creatively to reach an effective outcome.
- Accountability – Sets tasks and goals and manages the team performance to achieve daily outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically.
- A motivated self-starter who can operate autonomously when required.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan.
- Excellent planning, organizing and prioritization capabilities.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity
- Develops and maintains a positive working relation with others
- Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment
- Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the mine
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Report writing and cost reporting ability.
- Read and understand construction documents
- Knowledge of multiple voltages and NEC requires
- Knowledge of instrument wiring and function
- Ability to visually confirm terminations and troubleshooting installation
- 5+ years relevant construction experience
- Process plant maintenance experience is a plus
- Trade Qualifications or Degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Mining/Civil, Mechanical, Electrical) is highly preferred.
- MSHA Low, Medium, High Voltage Electrical Card or similar certifications
- MSHA 40 HR Trained or past MSHA training preferred
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to develop one's experience and career path through project development and operational excellence.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 29 Jan 2021