- Fit, strong and love the outdoors
- Based at Macraes
- Rostered shift eight days on, six days off, 7am to 7pm
Do you enjoy working outdoors for up to 12 hours a day?
Are comfortable with physical repetitive work?
And want to be part of a positive team, this could be the new job you are looking for!
A degree qualification is not a requirement.
You will be learning about ore samples, health and safety, and a future focused aspect of the mining industry.
Working in a positive performance orientated team environment where knowledge is shared, and training is provided.
On the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to this field-based role.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Some of the key tasks you will be performing include the following:
- Following set processes to collect samples onsite
- Communicating any issues relating to the quality of the samples
- Assisting with housekeeping and maintenance of storage facilities
- Data entry and administration
- Ensuring all incidents and hazards are reported.
To be successful in these roles you will:
- Have a genuine interest in the mining industry
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
- Have excellent fitness, strength and stamina to lift up to 25kg throughout your day
- Be comfortable using MS Excel
- Have completed a minimum of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- Be able to communicate within a team environment
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and must be comfortable driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain.
You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and fitness assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values. Macraes is a smokefree site.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
Applications close on Friday, 29 January 2021. Shortlisting to commence immediately. If you share the same values and are ready to lead, coach and drive culture change then please apply via our careers page at www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applicants must have the right to work, and currently reside, in New Zealand.
Applications from employment agencies will not be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 29 Jan 2021
- Mining >> General Operations Labourer
- Mining >> Other
- Trade Services >> Tradesperson