Exciting opportunity to join a new project and great team as the Project Accountant! The role will be directly responsible for facilitating basic project execution through day-to-day accounting functions, analysis and forecasting of expenditure, and data activities in accordance with company processes.
- Owns controls ensuring compliance to budget, scope, and schedule during all stages of projects.
- Manages budget updates and reforecasts in line with the project schedule in consultation with Projects Team.
- Facilitate development and implementation of mitigation plans to ensure both budget and schedule are maintained through completion of project.
- Manage project general ledger accounts and month-end processes to ensure proper allocation of project costs.
- Assist in review of contractor Progress Claims for completeness and accuracy and obtain management approvals in accordance with the Project Authorization Matrix.
- Audit contractor Progress Claims to ensure they match the project’s expectations of work completed.
- Assist in the review and updating of Project Execution policies in compliance with company accounting policies and procedures.
- Undertake a program of continuous improvement across all areas of accountability.
People & Performance:
- Develop working relationships with the Site Operations Team, to enable longer term working relationships between Project teams to grow.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Demonstrates a high standard of conduct and work ethics.
- Acts with initiative and proactively identifies and works through problems to reach a solution.
- Proactively highlight any events that may adversely affect project schedule to the Project Superintendent/Manager in a timely fashion.
- Provide field data for the subsequent management of cost tracking.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Takin on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ability to work harmoniously in cross cultural environments.
- Effective communication
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Advanced computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access database and Excel.
- Ability to apply common logic to a problem-solving solution.
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan.
- Data analysis
- 5+ years relevant construction experience within the finance/accounting field.
- Finance/Accounting degree from an accredited institution.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to develop one's experience and career path through project development and operational excellence. Apply Today!
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 23 Mar 2021