Are you looking for a change of scene? Join the only gold mine on the East Coast in South Carolina! OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking an Underground Dispatch Engineer to join the team. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of starting a new underground mine within an existing open pit.
This role is guaranteed to challenge and stimulate your thinking and grow you as an Engineering professional.
The Underground Dispatch Engineer will assist with and be responsible to deliver mine design and standards that are consistent with the mine schedule and budget. This will be achieved through effectively utilizing a safe mining system to achieve the strategic plan through plan development, execution and monitoring mine progress.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
Integration of the Mine Control with Underground Operations
- Operate and improve control, coordination and communication systems for the integration of the Mine Control into the underground mining operations, infrastructure and emergency response
- Oversee the provision of current information to the workforce.
- Utilize current systems for the collection of mining physicals and equipment utilization data and incorporate in reporting.
Manning of Mine Control and Monitoring of Production Database.
- Oversee the manning of the Mine Control;
- Monitoring of the tracking and production databases;
- Identify trends in daily physical metrics and productivity rates.
Short Term Interval Control of Underground personnel & equipment to achieve the Mine Schedule
- Utilization of systems to effectively assess real time variations to the Mine Schedule.
- Through assessment of variances, adjust the Daily Plan to best achieve the Mine Schedule
- Co-ordination with UG Shift Supervisor to action the adjusted Daily Plan.
Monitoring of Underground Fixed Plant Installation and Escalation of Alarms.
- Oversee the monitoring of mine conditions and fixed plant installations for alarms or action triggers as per TARPs.
Review and Monitoring of Equipment Utilization, Mining Physicals and Asset Management.
- Monitoring and review of equipment utilization, mining physicals and asset management measures for issuance of underground shift reports.
- Data input, review and issuance of shift reports.
Engineer & Execute underground work.
- Engineer the execution of work underground utilizing task planning, work allocation and shift scheduling tools and working relationships to safely achieve mining physicals.
Scheduling & Reporting:
- Establish scheduling systems for all activities required to effectively execute the Underground Project.
- Actively manages works under area of control to ensure no impact on the critical path of the schedule.
- Identifies possible upcoming schedule risks within area of control and initiates control measures to mitigate effects on overall project schedule.
- Actively looks for opportunities to accelerate works to provide schedule opportunities in area of control.
- Prepare weekly / monthly reports on all projects and communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
- Design and implement value adding reporting systems.
- Actively look for opportunities to implement cost savings without effecting safety, schedule or quality.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the mining industry, prefer hard rock mining.
- Experience within an operational role as well as engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of mining cycles and activities.
- Excellent planning, organizing and prioritization capabilities.
- Knowledge of dispatching/short interval control software (Pitram, Deswik. OPS, Fewzion)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 8 Mar 2021