We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Underground Mine Planning Engineer to join the Technical Services team at Haile Mine. The successful applicant will be responsible for various underground mine engineering tasks ranging from production and development designs to managing underground infrastructure projects and assisting with other technical aspects of the mine.
This role is guaranteed to challenge and stimulate your thinking and grow you as an Engineering professional. Working at a mine in South Carolina is just an added benefit!
The Underground Mine Planning Engineer is responsible for maintaining the medium-term schedule and plan, while effectively managing and de-risking the mining operation against adverse mine design and schedule conditions. Specifically, the position is accountable for managing all design and scheduling for the underground mine to ensure physicals are achieved in line with the budget.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver medium term mine plans, to optimize the Life-of-Mine and enable the business to meet its objectives in terms of production and cost.
- Deliver 3-month and rolling 12-month schedules.
- Ensure all level and stope designs, are generated in line with LOM and 3 monthly schedules.
- Review and provide feedback and assistance to Drill and Blast designs.
Scheduling & Reporting:
- Establish scheduling systems for all activities required to effectively execute the Underground Project.
- Actively manages works under area of control to ensure no impact on the critical path of the schedule.
- Identifies possible upcoming schedule risks within area of control and initiates control measures to mitigate effects on overall project schedule.
- Actively looks for opportunities to accelerate works to provide schedule opportunities in area of control.
- Prepare weekly / monthly reports on all projects and communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
- Design and implement value adding reporting systems.
- Deliver project estimates and budgets to the required degree of accuracy within scope of control.
- Prepare and maintain an active register identifying all mine planning risks and opportunities for the project
People & Performance Management:
- Mentoring coaching engineers how to design and plan an underground open stoping mine.
- Establish and maintain a productive project culture through effective communication and team building.
- Monitor junior team members in their performance and direct their activities as necessary to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Communicate regularly with all staff to ensure that goals and priorities are clearly understood and to promote a harmonious working environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground hard rock mining.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in mine planning using DESWIK.Sched or EPS scheduling software’s.
- Experienced with both start-up projects and operating environments preferable.
- Significant experience in Drill & Blast.
- Experience in Longhole Open Stoping.
- Experience in Paste filling advantageous.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate technical information between internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative working style, building strong internal and external relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering from an accredited University.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 8 Mar 2021