JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• May load/ unload heavy items, as needed, by using fork lift, pallet jack or physical lifting in order to assist and expedite receiving process
• Checks items delivered against Bill of Laden by inspecting and counting goods delivered and by signing and noting any discrepancies or damage to verify accuracy and condition of shipments
• Moves goods received to proper warehouse storage area by loading items on pallets or carts to aid in efficient retrieval of items and in conducting cycle and inventory counts
• Verifies goods received and logs into Pronto Inventory System.
• Pulls/issues and delivers requested items to employees, departments or remote locations by retrieving items from warehouse or outside storage yard, and delivering by truck in order to supply departments with needed materials
• Conducts periodic cycle counts and annual inventory by visual inspection and counting items stored in warehouse and outside yard in order to verify accuracy of Pronto inventory records.
• Identifies, moves and stores hazardous materials in compliance with MSHA & SDS guidelines in order to prevent spills and accidents and ensure the safety of employees and company property
• Employees must perform duties and activities in a manner that conforms to all safety practices and other policies, procedures and standards that are established by the company or required by law
Additional Key Activities:
• Cleans the warehouse by sweeping, mopping and dusting in order to maintain neat appearance and prevent contamination of parts and supplies
• Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned or developed
• Must be able to work overtime and other shifts as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified
1. Knowledge of shipping and receiving duties
2. Knows and follows all safety requirements
Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office Software
2. Knowledge of inventory systems
3. Capable to operate Warehouse Equipment safely
1. High school diploma or equivalent
1. Knowledge of Basic Warehouse Operations
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement.
1. Effectively gives and receives feedback
2. English: Ability to effectively communicate with others
1. Ability to perform basic math
1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
2. Considers the impact on the customer when making decisions
1. A good role model - Sets good examples for others
2. Participates in continuous improvement efforts
3. Works under minimum supervision on assignments that are received in the form of results expected, due dates and general procedures to follow
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The following represent what is required to perform the job.)
License: Current driver’s license
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
2. Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50-75 pounds) during the course of the workday.
3. Work is in a surface mine/plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
4. Personal protective equipment is required when performing work including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
5. OceanaGold, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 24 Apr 2021