OceanaGold has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mining Health & Safety Manager to join the Haile Mine. The H&S Manager will be expected to maintain a strong safety culture across the site. The primary responsibility of the role is to deliver the strategic goal of ‘injury free’ at Haile Mine. The goal will be achieved through providing strategic advice, direction and support to Haile operations in order to ensure compliance with MSHA health and safety legislation as well as OGC’s safety standards.
Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. This is an exciting time to join the Haile team as the H&S Manager.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide site leadership that encourages personnel to actively contribute to health and safety relations
- Manage and advocate Haile's operations position in relation to H&S regulatory processes
- Develop and manage Health and Safety programs
- Implement, manage, monitor and review the Haile operation H&S management system
- Ensure site compliance with H&S Regulations and conditions of consents and mining licenses
- Manage the identification and evaluation of H&S risks in conjunction with the site management team
- Develop, communicate and track yearly H&S objectives and targets
- Manage the acquisition of environmental approvals for site operations and exploration
- Ensure emergency structures, response plans and resources are in place for site emergencies
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Health and Safety.
- 10 years' experience in health and safety roles within the mining sector.
- Surface and Underground mining experience highly preferred.
- Experience in external/community relations relating to mining operations would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage significant budgets and multi-disciplined teams
- Advanced consultation, facilitation, negotiation, report writing and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Apr 2021