Are you at the top of your game and looking for an exciting new challenge working alongside other experts in their fields? OceanaGold are currently seeking an experienced, team and result-focused safety professional to be based at Haile Mine in Kershaw, South Carolina. Ideally you will bring with you a safety background in mining or a heavy industry.
The Safety Advisor acts as a business partner to foster a safety culture that promotes the overall business strategy. The role's focus is providing H&S operational support, implementing and auditing procedures, reporting, record management, incident investigation and health and safety communication. The right candidate will have a high degree of collaboration through prevention activities and audits across the site.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborative engagement of safety throughout the mine site.
- Assist with mine emergency preparedness.
- Facilitate H&S meetings and training.
- Incident investigations and recommendations for prevention.
- Risk and compliance monitoring, auditing, management and record keeping.
- Develop JHA’s and SOP’s as necessary.
- Maintain INX database and ensure that all workhours, incidents, and near misses are properly recorded.
- Entering data into our systems and online tools.
- Collate and analyze statistics to create weekly and monthly reports.
- Act as a role model for safe approach to work and home life.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- One to three years in a dedicated Health and Safety advisor role.
- Well versed with MSHA requirements/regulations.
- Experience with 'Permit to Work' systems.
- Familiarity with risk assessments of JHAs.
- Investigation experience is essential.
- Database maintenance and report writing.
- Proven ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience.
- Organized, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred in Occupational Health & Safety or closely related field. (HS&E experience will be considered).
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Apr 2021