OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking a strong technical leader as an Engineering Superintendent. The position will lead the engineering group in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. This is a great opportunity to join the largest gold mine in the eastern USA. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. It’s an exciting time to join the Haile team.
This role is responsible for managing and supporting Haile's Engineering group, which consists of the Planning, Geotechnical, Drill / Blast, and Survey functions.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work environments and promote safe work practices
- Support and develop employees in their current roles, assess bench strength, and perform succession planning
- Guide annual employee performance management process
- Oversee all short, mid, and long-range planning responsibilities and associated deliverables
- In conjunction with Geology Department, generate end-of-year resource and reserve statement
- Ensure geotechnical drilling programs are completed on schedule, and that resulting geotechnical design criteria are provided to Planning group on time
- Ensure geotechnical monitoring is provided for highwalls, overburden storage areas, and dams
- Ensure Drill / Blast designs and reports are provided to customers in a timely fashion
- Oversee generation and delivery of all required daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Ensure customers receive required support from Planning, Survey, Geotechnical, and Drill / Blast groups
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geology, or another similar field
- Minimum of 10 years engineering, or similar, experience at an operating mine
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in short or long-range planning roles
- Experience with Maptek's Vulcan software is preferred
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 May 2021