OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is currently seeking an experienced, team and result-focused Underground Network and Communications Supervisor in Kershaw, South Carolina. Ideally you will bring with you a team attitude and experience in the field within an underground environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new underground mine and establishing the operational technology as a strategic part of the business.
The Underground Network & Communication Supervisor will supervise the planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of the Haile Underground networks consisting of: wifi-backbones, leaky feeder communications systems, machine automation hardware and software, server management, instrumentation and PLC systems, IT Security and access management as well as production databases.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, configure, install and maintain the underground mines multiple networks.
- Manage the deployment of resources to install and maintain underground networks.
- Act as the key technical resource in the resolution of critical information system problems and complaints to HUG project system users.
- Research and identify innovative solutions to meet OceanaGold ‘s requirements and challenges.
- Actively monitor technologies and recommend the best possible fit for the business.
- Gather and interpret data related to all network systems and and keeps up to date with technology.
- Design, implement and review security and information systems including tracking errors, reliability and data movement.
- Be a key driver for maintaining and managing network and communications standard operating environment for HUG.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- At least 5 years of experience in IT networking, systems administration, design and development in an underground environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft, Azure, or the like.
- Experience in managing and deploying IT systems.
- Experience with data networking, CISCO, Palo Alto, and underground IP based networks or the like.
- Knowledge of developments and new applications of information technology (hardware, software, telecommunications) and implementation of information systems to meet organizational requirements.
- Proven ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience.
- Organized, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice.
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma in computer engineering, computer science or related field highly preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 May 2021