OceanaGold is seeking a dynamic geologist with 0-3 years of mining experience to join the Haile gold mine team in Kershaw, South Carolina. This is a great opportunity to join the largest gold mine in the eastern USA. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. It’s an exciting time to join the Haile team.
The role is responsible for assisting in maximizing value through sound grade control practices that optimize material classification and routing.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Sample submission, receipt, and uploading into database.
- Generate grade control dig lines/blocks for ore and waste.
- Monitor extraction, routing, and environmental compliance.
- Monitor excavation and movement of ROM ore, stockpile ore, acid-generating waste, and non-acid-generating waste to appropriate destinations.
- Collect geological information (logging, mapping, and grade control samples) to a high standard and quality.
- Balance field and office work to maintain comprehensive knowledge of operational changes and progress.
- Practice urgency as operational, geological, environmental, technical changes, or circumstances require.
- Identify possible production risks within area of control and initiate measures to mitigate impact.
- QAQC of production sampling and assay data.
- QAQC of material movement.
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology from and accredited institute.
- 0-3 years’ experience in open-pit mining within a geology position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in industry focused software (Vulcan, OrePro, Acquire, Minestar, Leapfrog).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jun 2021