OceanaGold is currently seeking an experienced underground Senior Surveyor to join the Haile Gold Mine team in Kershaw, South Carolina. This is a great opportunity to be a part of commissioning a new underground mine on the east coast!
Ensures all mining voids are accurately surveyed and recorded in accordance with all governmental regulations, and representative digital solids are created. Accurate database of all drillholes is established and maintained. Accurate marking up of all production related activities occurs in a timely manner, so as not to cause disruption to mining schedules. Provide accurate control to all development and production stoping in the underground operation.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively promoting safety awareness and environmental responsibility amongst company and contract personnel.
- Communicate regularly with all staff to ensure that goals and priorities are clearly understood and to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Implement and develop the operating mine survey processes to ensure achievement of project strategic objectives.
- Approve level design mark-ups and ensure accuracy of surveys.
- Approve drill and blast hole design mark-ups and ensure accuracy of surveys.
- Establish systems to effectively communicate performance against plans.
- Identify and manage all mining void solids.
- Create scheduling systems for all activities required to effectively execute the Underground Project.
- Prepare weekly / monthly reports on all projects and communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain an active register identifying all mine planning risks and opportunities for the project.
- Ensure all activities within area of control are completed to the specifications nominated for the works being undertaken.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- 7+ years' relevant experience in underground hard rock mining.
- Experienced with both start-up projects and operating environments preferable.
- Significant experience in Drill & Blast.
- Experience in Longhole Open Stoping.
- Well versed with MSHA requirements/regulations.
- Familiarity with risk assessments of JHAs.
- Database maintenance and report writing.
- Proven ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience.
- Organized, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
- Degree in Surveying from an accredited institute.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 May 2021