OceanaGold is currently seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer to be based at Haile Mine in Kershaw, South Carolina. Haile Mine is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. It’s an exciting time to join the Haile team!
The Senior Environmental Engineer provides field-based management support and guidance to ensure compliance with Environmental Plans and Permits. Additionally, the role will monitor and report environmental performance of the Haile operation.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct risk assessments as required and implement systems to manage identified risks.
- Evaluate high risk activities and hierarchy of control to mitigate risks.
- Liaise with operations groups for all environmental initiatives.
- Inspect active construction areas for compliance.
- Perform field inspections, with specific focus on air and water compliance.
- Develop JHA’s and SOP’s, as needed.
- Contribute to operational review meetings with key statistics for presentation, including Conformance to Plan KPI’s and Progressive Trends in Physical Attributes / Chemistry.
- Maintain risk registers and participate in reviews and control the register document.
- Develop documentation to enable planned inspections, audits, and reviews.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar mining environment.
- Well versed with MSHA requirements/regulations preferred.
- Proven experience with environmental monitoring, sampling, and related documentation.
- Proficient with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and MS-Excel.
- Experience implementing surface and groundwater quality management systems.
- Ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience.
- Organized, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred in Environmental Science or closely related field. (experience will be considered)
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 May 2021