Haile Gold mine in South Carolina is looking for an Electrical Project Engineer to join the team. Ideally you will bring with you a proven safety focus and experience in mining or a heavy industry. Haile Mine is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. It’s an exciting time to join the Haile team!
The purpose of the role is to provide and coordinate Electrical Engineering Services for the Capital Projects Group, under the overall control of the Project Manager. Will be required to co-ordinate the input of electrical engineering, design, project control, procurement, contracts, estimating and construction functions for the various projects on site.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Promote safety health & environmental awareness to prevent injuries and/or damage.
- Ensure company Safety Management Systems are included in any review or development of Project documentation.
- Coordinate the input of Electrical Engineering functions during the development, approval, and execution phases of Capital Works.
- Prepare documentation for all phases of Electrical Capital Works including Concept Studies, User Requirements Specifications (URS);
- Project Execution Plans (PEP); AFE’s and Close out Reports.
- Manage all Requests for Information (RFI) within area of control, ensure RFI’s are responded to within the designated time.
- Lead (within discipline) and Participate (across disciplines) in the design review process for Capital Works.
- Coordinate interfaces between the Project, Operations and other business activities in regard to the completion of Project Electrical Engineering activities.
- Provide technical support to the project management team.
- Develop metrics for the measurement of Electrical Engineering and Electrical Construction Works in progress, collect data for tracking progress against plan and provide inputs for weekly and monthly reports.
- Proactively highlight any events that may adversely affect project schedule to the Project Manager in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the development of Estimates for Electrical Capital Works.
- Collaborative engagement of safety throughout the mine site.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- 5+ years Industrial Applications Project Engineering experience
- Process plant maintenance experience is a plus
- MSHA Certificate of Electrical Training
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think analytically.
- Proven ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience.
- Organized, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 24 May 2021