Haile Gold mine in South Carolina is looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join the team. Ideally you will bring with you a proven safety focus and experience in mining or a heavy industry. Haile Mine is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. It’s an exciting time to join the Haile team!
The purpose of the role is to provide and coordinate Mechanical Engineering Services for Projects being undertaken by the Capital Projects Group, under the overall control of the Project Manager; Co-ordinate the input of Mechanical Engineering, design, project control, procurement, contracts, estimating and construction functions for the various Projects being undertaken on site.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the input of Mechanical Engineering functions during the development, approval and execution phases of Capital Works.
- Liaise with Operations concerning the development of projects from conceptual design through to detailed design.
- Prepare (within discipline) documentation for Capital Works Contracts including; Scopes of Work (SOW); pricing schedules; Material Take Offs (MTO’s), tender reviews, tender clarifications and tender recommendations.
- Manage all Requests for Information (RFI) within area of control, ensure RFI’s are responded to within the designated time.
- Lead (within discipline) and Participate (across disciplines) in the design review process for Capital Works.
- Coordinate interfaces between the Project, Operations and other business activities in regard to the completion of Project Mechanical Engineering activities.
- Maintain daily records of works management, including incidents, progress, delays and the achievement of milestones. Ensure the Superintendent is promptly informed of all relevant matters and developments associated with construction activities and site works management.
- Provide technical support to the project management team.
- Offer data for the tracking and reporting against schedule for all Project Mechanical Engineering activities as per the requirements of the PM.
- Proactively highlight any events that may adversely affect project schedule to the Project Manager in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the development of Estimates for Mechanical Capital Works.
- Ensure AFEs and Professional Service Agreements and/or Contracts and/or Purchase Orders are in place and up to date with the correct approvals in place prior to work being undertaken.
- Ensure compilation of QA/QC documentation into structured hand over packs during the works, finalize QA/QC hand over packs at the end of each work package/project.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- 5+ years Industrial Applications Project Engineering experience.
- Mining and Process plant maintenance experience is highly preferred.
- MSHA 40 HR Trained or past MSHA training preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think analytically.
- Proven ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience.
- Organized, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 May 2021