OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking a strong technical leader as an Environmental Manager. The ideal candidate will be a team player that collaborates and engages as the lead contributor of environmental compliance in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022. This is a great opportunity to join the largest gold mine in the eastern USA.
This role is responsible for taking the lead in understanding and ensuring site adherence to laws and regulations that effect the operations environmental Management System.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain the Environmental Management System.
- Oversee the Environmental Risk Register.
- Issue Air and Water Permit reports.
- Oversee SPCC and SWPPP documents and inspections.
- Submit required SARA III and Form R reports.
- Manage compliance of wastewater treatment system.
- Oversee spill responses and assure reclamation actions comply with SC regulations.
- Manage Environmental incident investigations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local ordinances concerning environmental standards.
- Coordinate and lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Familiar with World Gold Council ESG compliance
- Familiar with CICN and ISO compliance
- Familiar with carbon footprint and carbon tax concepts
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Mining Engineering, or similar field of study (Master’s highly regarded).
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in mining or similar industry.
- Experience managing senior employees.
- Thorough working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations as related to mining.
- Ability to collaborate and be a part of a team in order to succeed.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 24 May 2021
- Environmental Services