This is an intern position for 2021. The purpose is to expose the intern to an industrial operation, which will greatly compliment their academic education and encourage a career in extractive metallurgy. In addition, the intern will work with the water treatment plant and metallurgical techs as needed and at the discretion of the superintendent.
- Support process operations by aiding with metallurgical testing, data analysis, and report writing
- Support process operations by providing circuit assistance on technical issues
- Support process operations as needed
- Support water treatment by assisting with operations, sampling and cleanings
- Supports Projects (as needed)
- Other responsibilities and functions as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- May be required to routinely lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the workday. May be required to occasionally lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 May 2021