- Enjoy the stunning local beaches and spectacular scenery of the region
- Coordinate the implementation of project scheduling and stakeholder management systems
- Attractive remuneration package, including relocation assistance and incentives
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a multinational gold producer listed on the ASX/TSX with assets in the Philippines, United States and New Zealand. On New Zealand's North Island, a two hour drive from Auckland, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine, which hosts Martha Underground, one of the largest undergrounds in the country.
We are one of the largest employers in the region, with 350 people working across the operation. This is an exciting time to join our business, with multiple projects facilitating growth and development opportunities.
An exciting opportunity to join our External Affairs and Social Performance team. You will perform analytical, coordination and administrative tasks that will ensure the smooth running of our projects in Waihi. Strong time management skills, data analytics, and relationship building will be the key to your success. We have multiple external stakeholders including the local community, iwi, council and NGOs. Effective project scheduling and management systems are vital to the ongoing development of these relationships.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting the project managers in all tasks related to project planning scheduling and coordination
- Applying your influencing and communication skills to internal and external stakeholders, ensuring timelines are kept to and we consistently deliver to deadline
- The coordination and oversight of project progress reporting
- Assist with the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of reporting documentation associated with Social Performance within the Waihi operation
- Contribute to the development of systems for managing stakeholder issues
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the Sustainable Community Development Fund
- Provide support on community issues that require the company to develop a long-term economic or social policy
- Help to identify and mitigate social impacts, via the effective use of management systems
- Participate in the development and implementation of a robust approach to social, cultural baseline and impact assessment process that is world class and defendable
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant project administration and preferably social sciences qualifications.
- A full NZ driver's licence
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar role, with intermediate to advanced MS Office and Project skills
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for please apply online now via Seek.
Applications close Friday, 21 May 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 21 May 2021
- Mining >> Other
- Engineering >> Project Engineer