OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking a strong technical Sr. Mine Geologist for the open pit. The ideal candidate will be a team player that collaborates and engages as the lead contributor of the grade control team in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022.
The Senior Mine Geologist will be responsible for supervision and coordination of the Haile grade control team, monthly and quarterly reconciliation reporting, monitoring and QAQC of blast hole sample collection, and additional project(s) and/or CI work as needs arise.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively promoting safety awareness and environmental responsibility amongst company and contract personnel.
- Supervise and coordinate all tasks related to open-pit grade control.
- Generate monthly and quarterly mine to mill reconciliation reports.
- Monitor progress and permit compliance in overburden management.
- Collaborate with operations, engineering, metallurgy, environmental, and safety departments to effectively execute the business plan.
- Monitor excavation and movement of ROM ore, stockpile ore, acid-generating waste, and non-acid-generating waste to appropriate destinations.
- Manage the collection of geologic data (logging, mapping, and grade control samples) to a high standard and quality.
- Balance field and office work to maintain comprehensive knowledge of operational changes and progress.
- Mine to Mill and Grade Control reconciliations.
- Train, develop, mentor, and assist geologists, sample technician, and interns.
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
- Integrate applicable industry best practices and drive/implement initiatives for improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institute in Geology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a geologist in the mining industry (open pit).
- Prior experience with mine-mill reconciliation.
- Specific geological knowledge including recognition and identification of geologic and mineralogic characteristics of gold systems.
- Proficiency in industry focused software (Vulcan, OrePro, Acquire, Minestar, Leapfrog).
- Proven leadership experience.
- High degree of safety and environmental awareness.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jun 2021