OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking an IT Support Technician to join the team. The ideal candidate will be a team player that collaborates and engages through effective customer support in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022 which will bring with it a lot of IT opportunities.
The IT Support Technician must have the ability and desire to learn and understand software and hardware used in the Mining and Information Technology industry. This may include maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing computer/server hardware and software applications. Due to the nature of the IT Department, this position will require the ability to work an on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work environments and promote safe work practices
- Maintain Computer/Server Environment:
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Document and maintain IT inventory
- Allocate and maintain IT equipment
- Prioritize and escalate issues as necessary
- Resolve and document all assigned service requests/incidents
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or related area of study) or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to details.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jun 2021