- 12 month fixed-term contract role, Based at Macraes
- Seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off rotating roster
- Entry level role into mining
Are you interested in working outdoors for up to 12 hours a day, alongside drillers and geologists?
Are comfortable with physical repetitive work?
Please note this is not a graduate geologist role and a formal qualification is not required.
You will be learning about ore samples, health and safety, and an aspect of the gold mining industry. On the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to this field-based role.You will need to be prepared to work near large mobile mining equipment, in a potentially dusty, cold or hot, wet, and windy environment. Providing day to day support to our Open Pit Mining team at Macraes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Following set processes to collect samples onsite
- Communicating any issues relating to the quality of the samples
- Assisting with housekeeping and maintenance of storage facilities
- Data entry and administration
- Ensuring all incidents and hazards are reported.
To be successful in these roles you will have the following:
- Have a genuine interest in the mining industry
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
- Have excellent fitness and the ability to lift up to 20kg
- Be comfortable using MS Office
- Have completed a minimum of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- Be able to communicate within a team environment
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and must be comfortable driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via Seek
Applications close Wednesday, 16 June 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 16 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Mining Operators