Are you a talented Underground Maintenance Planner looking to join a team and be a part of developing a new mine? Tired of a long commute or bus ride to the mine site? Then consider joining OceanaGold's Haile Mine in South Carolina. The ideal candidate will be a team player that engages through effective collaboration in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and is currently developing a new underground mine. It is only an added bonus that we are located in South Carolina!
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the planning and scheduling of maintenance personnel and resources to achieve a safe working environment and operational readiness through the development of the mine.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible in planning and scheduling for the effective use of maintenance personnel and resources to achieve reliability and availability of all underground mobile and fixed plant.
- Responsible for identifying and managing mechanical assets of the department and associated systems.
- Ensures maintenance plans and activities are executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure planned routine maintenance, non-routine maintenance, breakdowns, approved modifications are scheduled to be undertaken with minimum disruption to the mining operation.
- Coordinate and verify that parts, equipment, materials, and tooling are allocated to the correct job before work is placed on the weekly work schedule.
- Prepare and issue weekly maintenance schedule to execution team, contractors and mining department, monitors compliance to weekly schedules and general maintenance effectiveness.
- Liaise closely with the Supply Department to ensure expediting of outstanding orders, a continuity of supply of all replacement parts and spares levelling strategies.
- Liaise with Maintenance Supervisor/Superintendent to ensure timely reconciliation of work order deficiencies to avoid disruption to the schedule.
- Track equipment availability and regularly report on its performance. Analyses downtime and focus on critical downtime causes.
- Participate in the development of organizational capability of the Maintenance, Planning and Reliability Group.
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance personnel as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field. Trade Qualification with 5+ years’ experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance planner role in maintaining underground equipment (e.g. mobile equipment, pumps, ventilation fans, electric motors, electrical starters, etc.) or related industry experience.
- Working knowledge in MS Office applications and CMMS Pronto preferred.
- Familiar with Preventive Maintenance
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to details.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jun 2021