- Be part of a Global Team committed to maintain and create a safer, healthier, smarter and more sustainable workplace.
- Contribute to an exciting array of Global Initiatives
- Unique Opportunity based in Brisbane
OceanaGold have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Leader in providing expert competence related to Health and Safety.
Reporting to the General Manager of Health, Safety & Environment, you will have the opportunity to create a safe and healthy work environment (including occupational hygiene and wellbeing) by coordinating, planning, managing, influencing and guiding the implementation, success and monitoring of programs.
This role would suit a competent leader with over 10 years’ experience in health and safety leadership and broad experience in planning and managing resources to deliver health and safety objectives and targets as specified by senior managers.
To be successful you must be able to work independently while providing guidance and oversight to operational based teams to deliver business objectives. You will be a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, ensuring that all activities are undertaken in accordance with the VALUES of the company. You will have strong data collection and analysis, planning, risk management and compliance management skills.
Core Job Focus:
To meet the requirements of the position, it is essential that you are able to:
- Lead and continuously improve the organization's Health and Safety policies, processes, and procedures; to safeguard people, the environment and minimize business risk. Take responsibility for creating underlying procedures and monitoring their implementation.
- Communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the team; explain the relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
- Take responsibility for developing and delivering key elements of the H&S data management system including occupational hygiene results.
- Lead the development and implementation of the corporate H&S strategy, anticipating complex issues, challenges, and opportunities, and ensuring integration with wider functional strategy and Operational capacity.
- Identify and manage stakeholders, finding out their H&S needs/issues/concerns and reacting to these by leading and coordinating the development of strategies and actions to support Operational processes and performance.
- Plan and manage the delivery of an audit program for H&S management and performance across OGC operations ensuring that it addresses identified risk areas. Monitor the closeout of audit findings to ensure that agreed corrective actions are implemented and that risks are managed effectively.
- Design learning sessions to meet the requirements of key H&S programs in support of corporate initiatives and overarching H&S frameworks.
- Develop and propose performance objectives for the H&S function on a year by year basis based on performance outcomes and risk assessments; manage and report on team performance; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports where required and hold them accountable for achieving these, take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
Interested in Shaping our Future?
If you have a passion to help shape a company’s culture and capability to incorporate the different skills, behaviors, and competencies that matter most for success at work, then we love to hear from you. For further information, or to submit your application, please visit http://careers.oceanagold.com/. Applications close 18 June 2021.
About OceanaGold Corporation
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer headquartered in Brisbane, with operations based in New Zealand, the Philippines and the United States. We are committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance and continuously innovate and improve the way they explore, extract and process minerals. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Modern mining presents a host of new technologies and opportunities – from autonomous vehicles to data mining and the use of artificial intelligence in predictive modelling. The industry is very tactile, and OceanaGold put their sizeable resources and equipment to use in a way that is safe, sustainable and contributes to communities and economies in a positive and enduring way.
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and fosters diversity and inclusion through our Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Work Type:
- Date expires:
- 18 Jun 2021