- Based at Macraes - NZ's largest Gold Mine
- Monday - Friday roster
- 12-month, fixed-term opportunity
Are you working in a warehousing, automotive parts or logistics role and ready for a step change? Or perhaps you have a love of numbers, a high attention to detail and a genuine interest in developing in a stores role. Bring your energetic, results and improvement orientated, positive attitude to our forward-thinking innovative team at Macraes!
Reporting to the Open Pit Maintenance Purchasing and Logistics Supervisor you will be responsible for the storage, issue and receipting of warehouse stock, spares and consumables. You will be working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared, and ongoing mentoring and training is provided.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Receive, store and issue parts and consumables
- Monitor and track requisitions
- Maintain the Warehouse and remote areas in a safe, clean and tidy condition
- Comply with all safety requirements and observe all company policies and procedures
- Assist the Buyer and Senior Stores Person in maintaining inventory control systems to ensure appropriate stock control and security
- Undertake periodic stock take of inventory and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- A qualification relating to warehousing and/or logistics or a minimum of School Cert. /NCEA L2
- Proven skills in warehousing and/or logistics
- Experience working within an automotive, industrial, manufacturing or mining sector-based organization
- Computer skills including competence with Word, Excel, Pronto, SAP or another inventory management tool
- A forklift operator's licence (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, good housekeeping skills and a keen focus on safety
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via SEEK
Applications close Wednesday, 16 June 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 16 Jun 2021
- Warehouse Management >> Storeperson