- Come an enjoy the unspoilt beaches of Otago and ski fields of Queenstown
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm shift roster
- Excellent remuneration, including health insurance and relocation package
To plan, execute, collate, report and analyse geotechnical works and data providing sound Geotechnical Engineering advice and guidance to site to optimise mine plans and ensure stability of both open pit and underground mining operations.
This position will provide proactive geotechnical support to all facets of site operations through communication with the long-term planning engineers and operational geotechnical engineers to facilitate effective management of future and current geotechnical risks. This will be achieved through robust geotechnical models and effective communication.
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities:
- Collect, collate and analyse geotechnical data to create functional geotechnical models to be utilised in open pit and underground mine designs
- Design, plan and assist with execution of specific geotechnical investigations programmes
- Establish, implement and document standards, systems and procedures for mine geotechnical models comprising structural, geomechanical, lithological, rock mass properties and rock mass behaviour
- Ensure all mine designs are adequately assessed and optimised to open pit and underground industry accepted best practice standards
- Ensure data analysis and slope design modelling is carried out in line with current geotechnical industry best practice
- Management of internal and external review process which includes internal stakeholders, external consultants and peer review/local government bodies
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Engineering Geology, Geomechanics/Geotechnical Engineering, Geology (structural geology expertise)). A post graduate qualification will be highly regarded
- Full and Current Driver Licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred. Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Six to eight years'experience in an Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering role and overall experience in a mining environment
- Open Pit and Underground experience will be highly regarded
- High level of competency in the use of relevant geotechnical software
- Ability to critically review externally generated sophisticated modelling results
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via Seek
Applications close Wednesday, 16 June 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 16 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Geological Technicians
- Engineering >> Process Engineer