Waihi has a rare opportunity for an experienced Underground Shift Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Underground Mine Forman, your primary responsibilities will be to ensure the efficient operation of the underground mining operations and equipment, and production and utilisation targets are achieved in a safe, cost effective, timely manner.
Role modelling our Company Values whilst ensuring industry best practice, following mining regulations and our approved procedures. You will bring to the role at least five years' experience in underground metalliferous mining and previous experience in a supervisory role. Be well skilled in achieving production targets, leading people, team building and performance management.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading, coaching and developing your crew
- Supporting the Mine Foreman to achieve strategic objectives and required outputs
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external contractors
- Supervising both production and development activities
- Overseeing pre-shift meetings and tool box safety meetings
- Monitoring operator compliance to our Company SOPs, and conducting inspections and audits as required
- Generating ideas and solutions and supporting your crew to do the same
To be successful you will need the following:
- New Zealand A or B Grade Tunnel Managers' Certificate of Competency (or equivalent)
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
- Extensive knowledge of practices and techniques applied in metalliferous underground mining
- An intermediate level of computer literacy
- Strong communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to achieving an injury free work environment, who have a high regard for personal safety, fitness for work, and the safety of their workmates.
If you are a Kiwi looking to return home or looking for a residential role whilst working in mining this could be just the role for you!
Apply online via www.careers.oceanagold.com and you could be starting a new challenge very soon!
Applications close Friday, 18 June 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 18 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Mining Operators