- Work at Macraes - NZs largest Gold Mine
- Currently seeking experienced and entry level dump truck operators
- Kickstart or continue your career in the mining industry
The Macraes Open Pit Operation are looking for multiple entry level and experienced mine operators to join their team. If you have an interest in driving heavy machinery, want to get into the mining industry or build on your experience operating heavy earthmoving equipment, then this is the opportunity for you!
Both 50/50 and 2/3 roster patterns available. With both a 50/50 and 2/3 roster pattern available, there is opportunity for a great work/life balance.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operate large mining vehicles
- Pre-start and shut down checks on all equipment
- Load and transport rock
- Working as a member of a larger team
- Communicating with a wide variety of people
- Housekeeping of vehicles and loading area
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and be confident driving a manual vehicle
- Have the ability to communicate well within a team environment
- Have a high interest in heavy machinery
- Be a safety conscious individual, committed to maintaining an excellent safety record
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via Seek.
Applications close Friday, 18 June 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 18 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Mining Operators