- Work at Macraes - NZs largest Gold Mine
- Free Southern Cross health insurance
- Seven days on, seven days off, alternating between days and nights
The Macraes Open Pit Operation are looking for an Assistant Supervisor to join their team. The role involves assisting with the coordination of the activities of mining crew operators, to meet shift production targets and operating standards in a timely and safe manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure all work areas are set-up with appropriate controls to ensure safe and efficient operating to design and work area standards
- Provide necessary instruction to improve work areas to reach standard requirements
- Coach individual operators in work area standards and operating requirements for safe and effective production
- Undertake the full responsibilities of the Production Supervisor in an acting capacity in their absence
- Implement utilisation and efficiency initiatives as directed by the Production Supervisor
- Supervise contractors and other workers undertaking tasks within the open cut mine area
- Take a proactive lead in ensuring high standards are health and safety
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- First Aid Certificate
- Current driver's licence
- Current A Grade or B Grade Quarry Managers Certificate of Competence
- Minimum five years open pit mining experience with and on heavy mining equipment
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via Seek.
Applications close Friday, 18 June 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 18 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Other