- Based at Macraes Process Plant, free staff buses from Dunedin and Oamaru
- Seven days on seven days off roster (alternating nights and days)
- Free Southern Cross Medical Insurance
The team at the Macraes Processing Plant are seeking a motivated crew member who has a strong work ethic and the desire to conquer the role of Process Control Room Operator. This is a great opportunity to develop a mining career, with an international business.
You will be responsible for operating the Control Room functions to optimise process plant production requirements, safely and within defined ranges. Using your expertise, you will make adjustments to the plant ensuring that production is optimised.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitor and optimise process plant production requirements using DCS and PI
- Communication of all variances from the critical variable sheet to the Process Shift Coordinator
- Mark up any variances to the critical variable sheet by the end of each shift and inform incoming operators
- Ensure operators and plant personnel keep within parameters of defined ranges set on the critical plant operating sheet
- Document critical information and shift activities to ensure an effective handover on each shift
- Accurate record keeping e.g. log sheets, logbooks and checklists
- Understand and track PI trends and graphics to manage, predict or anticipate plant outcomes
- Appropriately coordinate all responses to alarms in the plant.
- Raising all work requests for the plant in Pronto in a timely manner
- Take information and instruction from plant operators to coordinate adjustments to maximise optimisation
- Actively participate in all professional development and continuous improvement activities
- Communication with Process plant operators, loader drivers and other teams to optimised plant performance
- Correct usage of PPE and adopting a proactive attitude towards health and safety
To be successful in the role:
- OSH approved Forklift license, or similar would be well regarded
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Five years processing plant experience, or similar
- Forklift truck and skid steer loader experience an advantage
- Previous experience with DCS and in Control Room a necessity
- Prior experience working in CIL/CIP, Flotation, Sag/Ball milling or pressure oxidation would be an advantage
- Advanced skills in operating the process plant from the Control Room
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share our values please apply online via Seek today. Applications close Tuesday, 22 June 2021.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Mining Operators