- Based at Macraes Process Plant , free staff buses from Dunedin and Oamaru
- 6.45am-7pm, seven days on seven days off, 6.45pm - 07.00 am, 7 nights on 7 nights off
- Entry level position with full training and support provided
The team at the Macraes Processing Plant are seeking a motivated crew member who has a strong work ethic and the desire to conquer the role of Process Reagent and Services Operator. This is a great opportunity to develop a mining career, with an international business.
Responsible for operating and optimising the process plant Reagent Mixing and Services circuit in accordance with critical operating sheet, training manuals and standard operating procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement approved changes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Complete all relevant documentation to ensure accurate record keeping, including log sheets and checklists
- Mix reagents and add media to mills as required. Report all unrectified variances to the Shift Coordinator
- Responsible for ensuring the dams meet the required standards and completing the checklists
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, including operating plant areas when required
- Liaise with other operators, gold room staff and plant personnel to minimise downtime
- Effectively completes a handover with incoming/outgoing area operators each shift
- Assist with mechanical/electrical/ metallurgical/ services/gold room tasks as required ensuring maximum availability of the Processing Plant
- Commitment to high standards of health and safety, including hazard reporting and correct use of PPE
To be successful in the role:
- OSH approved Forklift license, or similar would be well regarded
- Skid Steer Loader experience an advantage
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Previous processing plant experience, or similar, will be well regarded
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share our values please apply online via Seek today. Applications close Tuesday, 22 June 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jun 2021
- Mining >> Mining Operators