The Underground Training Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the development, coordination, and provision of training for the underground operations. This will be achieved through appropriate training systems and procedures to ensure accurate training records and promote operator development.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure training provided develops and promotes safe standards/behaviors.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for operating equipment.
- Support and collaborate with department Superintendents for specific training needs.
- Development of task specific standard operating procedure and maintenance.
- Establish final testing protocols and documentation for final operator assessments.
- Ensure all training processes and documents comply with all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Assist with incident investigations and Health and Safety initiatives as necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years underground experience in various roles.
- Required operational knowledge of underground mining equipment.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing training programs/records.
- Familiar with training techniques and strategies.
- Certified Mine Safety and Health Administration Instructor
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to details.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 26 Jul 2021