- Based at Macraes Process Plant , free staff buses from Dunedin and Oamaru
- Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm roster
- Free Southern Cross health care benefit
The team at the Macraes Processing Plant are seeking a motivated individual, who has a strong work ethic and the desire to conquer the role of Metallurgical Technician. This is a great opportunity to develop a mining career, with an international business.
Responsible for providing support to the Metallurgy team, Operational Staff and Corporate Metallurgist by conducting laboratory test programs. The objective of the role is to assist in optimising plant performance and help in the development of future flow sheets for current and alternative ore bodies (internal and external). This will be achieved by following metallurgical laboratory standards.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Communicate and report all operational variable changes (ie densities) to Process Shift Coordinator
- Produce reports on test work findings, keeping the assay databases up to date
- Report the performance of plant float tests on a weekly basis
- Conduct test work as directed by Metallurgists and Corporate Metallurgist in agreed timeframe
- Conduct routine test work/sampling as per SOP's, including density calibrations and Metallurgical Plant Surveys
- Maintain equipment to ensure reliable precise data is generated
- Take plant operators through laboratory flotation tests as part of their development and training
- Develop SOP's for safe operation of equipment in the Metallurgical laboratory
- Actively use Pi and become familiar developing trends to monitor plant performance
- May be required to work nightshifts during shutdowns to provide supervision and metallurgical support
- Raise Work Requests and follow up in Maintenance Planning meeting to make sure equipment is running efficient and effectively
To be successful in the role:
- Experience in a metallurgical laboratory environment would be an advantage but not an essential requirement.
- Experience with process industries procedures or operations.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share our values please apply online via Seek today.
Applications close Wednesday, 23 June 2021.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 23 Jun 2021