- Great residential location based in Waihi
- Monday to Friday roster
- Competitive salary and Southern Cross Medical Insurance
The Waihi operation has an exciting opportunity for an Exploration Geologist. Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist you will be responsible for supporting the geological functions related to advancing the company's exploration projects within the Waihi District generative pipeline. The role primarily involves core logging and other work to support diamond drilling planning and management functions. Additionally, the role involves assisting with geological field work including geological mapping and reconnaissance, geochemical sampling and geophysical survey work.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertake logging of exploration drill core
- Compilation of exploration data for internal and external reports
- Data entry of geological data including dispatch logs, drilling data and assay results
- Undertake diamond drill hole design and issue diamond drill design sheets
- Manage active drill holes to ensure they are tracking as per designs
- Participation in helicopter supported and ground-based field programmes in a variety of settings including remote bush work
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification - minimum B Sc. Geology
- Minimum one year post grade experience preferred
- Previous field experience
- Mapping and interpretation skills
- PC skills, including Microsoft office Word and Excel, ArcGIS and basic 3D software user skills
- Report writing skills
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Wednesday, 23 June 2021.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 23 Jun 2021