JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
- Operates process equipment and systems according to standard operating procedures and / or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
- Troubleshoots plant operational problems, completing plant repairs and performs plant preventative maintenance duties.
- Reads meters and gauges, automatic recording devices or performs visual inspections at specified intervals to verify proper operating conditions.
- Records data such as production rates, inventory levels or other applicable data as required by the operation at which this position is assigned.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication and either reports data to appropriate personnel or performs necessary maintenance on subject equipment by tightening fittings, oiling and lubricating equipment, repacking bearings, gaskets, replacing or repairing conveyor components, gauges or other components or other maintenance operations applicable to the proper operation of the plant.
- Must show competency in operating fixed and mobile equipment.
- Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of industrial treatment processes is beneficial.
- Comfortable working with computers is beneficial.
- Knowledge of process control systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher education.
[Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement]
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, clearly communicate, hear, and visually inspect equipment and work areas.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Work is in a surface mineral processing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, fall protection equipment, gloves and any other protective equipment, as required.
- Haile Gold Mine promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Aug 2021