OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking a skilled Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor to join the team. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader that collaborates and drives vision in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022 which will bring with it a lot of IT opportunities.
This position combines the responsibilities for E&I technicians, schedule execution, continuous improvement, and staffing to ensure company standards are maintained for the Processing Plant/area.
Key tasks and responsibilities within the next 12 months:
- Provide courteous and expeditious service to Process Operations and other departments as needed.
- Routinely adhere to and maintain a positive attitude towards departmental and corporate goals.
- Oversee and perform troubleshooting and repairing of instrumentation systems, control, and process loops, PIDs, and associated equipment.
- Supervise and participate in the inspection of tele-metering, electric controllers, programmable controllers, process meters, analyser’s, flow systems, and a variety of other types of instrumentation for proper operation.
- Oversee and direct the installations, repairs, modifications, calibrations, and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of complex digital, analog, programmable, and other auxiliary equipment used in crushing, grinding, gold recovery and water treatment, keeping accurate records.
- Monitor the work performed by contractors and capital projects team on work scopes related to electrical and electronic apparatus and instrumentation including repair, replacement, disassembling, assembling, installing, and testing.
- Estimate labour and materials for electrical installations and repairs.
- Maintain an inventory of parts, materials, and supplies used in performing everyday tasks.
- Maintain network communication between equipment, controls, field hardware, and DCS system.
- Respond to emergency situations during off hours as required.
- Report weekly and monthly on maintenance performance indicators and present these to the Maintenance Superintendent with initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Develop the plan to provide supervision and management of internal & external resources outside of normal business hours when required for shutdowns and other major works.
- Ensures that all tasks comply with Company health and safety requirements and policies and procedures and strengthens the culture of safety in the workplace.
The successful candidate will have knowledge/experience:
- Knowledge of Principles, theory, and practices of electricity, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanics as they apply to maintenance and repair of equipment and instruments commonly found in a water/wastewater treatment facility.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming theory at an advanced level for testing, troubleshooting, and repairs of PLC components and data highway systems.
- Applicable codes and regulations.
- Industrial electricity and safety practices, precaution, and procedures.
- Shop mathematics applicable to the electrical trade.
- Instrumentation calibration concepts and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply moderately complex materials including technical manuals, drawings, specifications, layouts, diagrams, blueprints, plans, and schematics.
- Principles of project management.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Systems, or closely related science and Four (4) years of journey-level experience in electrical and electronic instrumentation maintenance and repair (utility/industrial applications preferred). OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or Instrumentation and Control Systems, or closely related science, and two (2) years of journey-level experience in electrical and electronic instrumentation maintenance and repair (utility/industrial applications preferred). OR
- High School graduation or G.E.D. equivalent and eight (8) years of journey-level experience in electrical systems and electronic instrumentation installation, maintenance and repair, two (2) years of which must be in a supervisory capacity or four (4) years in a lead capacity (utility/industrial applications preferred).
- 5 years of production (heavy industrial plant) Electrical experience. Crushing, grinding, milling, rotating equipment and pressure vessels.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 24 Aug 2021