The Health and Safety department have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer - Learning and Development to join the team. You will be responsible for developing and delivering training for the Waihi Operations (Underground focused) that meet or exceed both regulatory and internal Occupational Health, Safety and Training compliance requirements and ensures all personnel are trained, competent and authorised within their defined roles.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Delivery of training and assessment packages to ensure all personnel are trained, competent and authorised within their defined roles
- Development of new training packages and updating existing packages as required
- Manage training records and training packages
- Contribute to the ongoing development and review of site policies, procedures, hazard management plans and standards
- Assist with JHA development, hazard assessments and risk reviews as required
- Undertake audits, workplace inspections and investigations as required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Workplace training and assessment qualifications (Mandatory)
- Minimum of five years mining experience in operational role/s preferably underground
- Pre-Hospital Emergency Care qualifications (Desirable)
- Qualifications in Health and Safety Management (Desirable)
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles (Mandatory)
- A sound knowledge and understanding of current health and safety legislation, AS/NZ Standards and relevant Codes of Practice.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 6 August 2021. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED,
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 6 Aug 2021
- Mining >> Mining Operators
- Mining >> Other