Through the use of effective mine engineering practices, manage and provide short range planning support to the operations by contributing to the design, development processes and practices within the Technical Services group. Ensure that all functions are completed in a safe, timely and professional manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Generate mine designs, activity sequences, and schedules for the short range mine plan.
- Create mid and short range dump designs and sequencing.
- Collaborate with the drill and blast engineer to create a productive mining sequence
- Through short range planning, ensure the life of mine to mid-range mine plans are being followed.
- Conduct analysis to identify optimal mine plans.
- Generate practical mine sequencing in compliance with geotechnical, hydrogeological and geological parameters.
- Analyze and reconcile actual mine performance to planned performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Collaborate with all departments and engineering disciplines to integrate projects into the mine plan.
- Analyze haulage and cycle times with the purpose to collaborate and propose continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures mining is planned to maximize the recovery of ore and minimize mining dilution.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly mining sequences and associated reports on production activities
- Work closely with operations to ensure short range plan attainment and compliance
- Maintain design database
- Comply with all safety requirements and observe all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other mine engineering duties that may reasonably be required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering from an accredited University.
- 3+ years of mine planning experience in an open pit environment preferred, underground experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Vulcan or ability to learn the software.
- Must have excellent computer skills with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate technical information between internal and external stakeholders.
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website:
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 18 Oct 2022