Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures compliance with division's policies and procedures, standards of quality and safety, and all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists in ensuring all treatment at the plant is in accordance with all EPA and SCDHEC regulations with no violations.
- Attends all required training and acquires CEUs to maintain Biological Wastewater Operator License.
- Follows correct procedures and makes good decisions.
- Makes adjustments to biological, chemical and/or physical processes to ensure plant is operating properly.
- Responds to emergency facility/field situations as required.
- Guides and assists others during emergency situations.
- Troubleshoots the plant when there is an operational issue and gives guidance on corrective action to return plant back to normal operations.
- Works as a liaison between Preventive Maintenance Contractors and shift operator to ensure no disruption to plant operations.
- Participates in meetings with consultants, contractors, representatives from local and state regulatory agencies as required. This includes participation in regulatory inspections at the plant.
- Participates in the administration of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Team as a team member.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Associate’s Degree or the equivalent of two years of college with studies in hard science, such as engineering, chemistry, geology, biology, mathematics or physics.
Four years in water/wastewater plant operation or closely related experience.
"B" physical/chemical wastewater treatment
"A" level certificate in physical/chemical
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 28 Apr 2022