The Surface Mine Electrician will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and verifying repairs of GE electric drives and Komatsu Electric Drive Haul Trucks.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Diagnose, Repair, and verify repairs of GE electric drives and Komatsu Electric Drive Haul Trucks
- Uphold the safety and housekeeping standards
- Assist techs in the shop as time needs allow
- Communicate safety issues as they arise
- Promote and comply with all company policies, standards, procedures and MSHA regulations in all areas
- Follow chain of command to report when misuse and/or abuse is noted on equipment
- Maintain education level and update as needed for any equipment changes
- Report any training needs or updates to the MM Training Coordinator
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in reading and understanding electrical schematics, logic and interconnection diagrams
- Knowledge and experience in GE Electric Drive trucks diagnosis and repair
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and experience in both AC and DC systems and control circuity, 12V-24V DC and AC voltages up to 1400V and 1400A. As well as simulated voltages contained in the GE drive systems
- Proficiency in the safe use of electrical test meters, instruments and computers
- Breakdown, troubleshooting and fault-finding experience
- 5+ years’ experience in GE electric drives
- 5+ years’ in Komatsu Electric Drive Haul Trucks very desirable
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2021