Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship, and best operating practices.
- Actively participates in Safety, Health, and Environmental initiatives.
- Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
- Conduct laboratory test campaigns through the use of lab equipment, instruments, and systems according to standard operating procedures and/or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
- Assist in the optimization of the Process plant through participating in sampling campaigns and other process related needs.
- Must acquire competency in operating lab and mobile equipment and instrumentation in the lab and plant environment.
- Must be able to assess, diagnose and remedy operating variances in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and participates in equipment and instrument repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for safe and effective handling of hazardous chemicals and solutions.
- Reads meters and gauges, automatic recording devices or performs visual inspections at specified intervals to verify proper operating conditions.
- Assists in sample collection in all areas around the Haile operation.
- Analyzes data and writes test summaries as required.
- Assist in correction of standard operating procedures.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication and reports data to appropriate personnel.
- Other responsibilities as necessary for the successful operation of the Haile Process Plant.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with mine sample preparation, wet chemistry methods and instrumentation is beneficial.
- Experience with metallurgical testing equipment is beneficial.
- Prior experience in a lab environmental is beneficial.
- Prior experience in an industrial environment is beneficial.
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 28 Feb 2022