OceanaGold's Waihi Mine is seeking an Environmental Advisor to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum two years work experience and have worked in a regulatory, monitoring or environmental role and be Tertiary qualified in Environmental, Earth Sciences, Resource Management or similar.
You will be responsible for ensuring that there are robust monitoring, reviewing and reporting systems in place in order to demonstrate compliance with consent conditions. Ensuring relevant projects within the Environmental area (or in conjunction with other departments as required) are completed in an accurate and timely manner that ensures compliance with statutory acts, regulations, consent conditions and company environmental standards.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the operation to meet all OceanaGold standards and guidelines. Participate or lead audits on company standards (environmental and safety). Conduct environmental inspections
- Coordinate monitoring and reporting of environmental impacts on near-town activities mainly noise, water quality, vibration, air quality and settlement
- Provide specialist environmental advice to projects and personnel as required
- Ensure site awareness of regulatory and statutory obligations through day to day interaction and specific training
- Capture relevant data into InViron database
- Manage projects
- Assist with preparation and writing of compliance reports
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of two or more years work experience in a regulatory monitoring environment, preferably within a mining environment
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs
- Water chemistry knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Geochemistry and water quality
- Understanding of mapping software (e.g. ArcMap, MapInfo)
- Full and current driver's licence with the ability to drive 4WD and manual vehicles is essential
Who are we?
Check us out - https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
Why work for us?
Live and work in Waihi, close to unspoiled beaches and the stunning scenery of the Coromandel. Competitive salary and benefits including free Southern Cross Healthcare. Excellent career development opportunities across our international business.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Monday, 6 December 2020. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 6 Dec 2021
- Mining >> Other
- Environmental Services >> Other