OceanaGold's Waihi Mine is seeking a highly motivated and passionate person to be our next Environmental Advisor - Consenting to join the Environmental Team. Ideally you will have a tertiary qualification in Planning, Environmental or Earth Sciences, Resource Management or similar.
This is an exciting role with great development opportunities for the right person.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate operational consenting for the Waihi Operation to ensure the permits and consents required by the company are obtained in a timely manner. From time to time you will assist the Sustainability Team with consent interpretation, water quality management, closure planning, regulatory processes and our annual peer review process.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of an annual plan of actions required to meet the consent/permitting process requirements
- In conjunction with the Senior Environmental Advisor - Consenting and the Sustainability Manager coordinate external consultants that are required to provide input to consents/permitting processes
- Write and review consent applications, reports, attend meetings and disseminate information, complete purchase and service orders
- Participate in site inspections, audits and assessments
- Liaise with personnel, consultants, auditors and legal advisors to ensure company environmental targets are achieved
- Prepare and review management plans in conjunction with the relevant departments to ensure consent and legal compliance
- Identify and implement environmental improvements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of a tertiary qualification in Planning, Environmental or Earth Sciences, Resource Management or similar
- A minimum of three years post graduate experience in a consenting/regulatory environment
- Experience in consent application preparation and processes
- Natural Resources industry or regulatory experience
- Skills in water management will be highly regarded
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Microsoft suite of programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, PowerPoint
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Full and current driver's licence
Who are we?
Check us out - https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
Why work for us?
In addition to a competitive salary, OceanaGold offer all employees free Southern Cross Healthcare. Live and work in Waihi, the gateway to the stunning Coromandel peninsula with its beautiful beaches and outdoor lifestyle, only a 2-hour drive from Auckland.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Monday, 6 December 2020. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 6 Dec 2021
- Mining >> Other
- Environmental Services >> Other