OceanaGold's Waihi (NZ) Mine is seeking a Project Geologist for Resource Development. The ideal candidate will be an experienced mine geologist who collaborates and engages with the team, in alignment with OceanaGold's Purpose, Vision and Values. Waihi is ramping up underground production and there are expansion plans which will offer long term career growth.
Provide supervision to the Resource Development Underground Geologists and undertake systematic geologic model development relating to the Martha Underground Project and to provide technical assistance and advice to optimise mining and exploration activities including input in strategic medium-term planning, drill planning, mine sequencing, economic evaluation of exploration and potential growth projects.
The Project Geologist - Resource Development is responsible for overseeing the management of drilling activities, and for the development, implementation, and management of the intermediate (3-12 month) scheduling to support the successful delivery of Projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Create and maintain geological domain wireframes using all relevant data including drilling, mapping and historic records.
- Develop and maintain processes for material type characterisation, including historic stope-fill
- Maintain up to date models of depletion and void models of historic workings in collaboration with the Senior Geologist - Resource Development and mine Technical Services team.
- Undertake geological modelling of project and camp scale lithology, mineralisation, alteration, oxidation, geotechnical characteristics as required
- Contribute to the ongoing development and implement of QAQC strategies relating to the acquisition of geological data to ensure timely and fit for purpose data collection and capture in geological databases
- Oversee drill hole designs for resource/reserve definition drilling at drill spacing required to produce indicated/measured resources for studies and mine design.
- Oversee execution of the diamond drill programme as per drill designs. Provide input into amendments to the programme and design additions to the programme as required. Monitor drill program design, budgeting and delivery
- Liaise with the mining personnel and Underground Senior Engineer to ensure strategic design of development for diamond drill platforms to enable efficient resource conversion to the agreed schedule and to the standard required to commence drilling
- Deliver to the departmental schedule, budget and strategy that are determined each year
- Ensure Departmental Compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions
- Actively promote and utilise company safety tools including safety interactions, JHA's, Stop and Think and Hazard reports
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Tertiary Qualification - B Sc. Geology with Honours
- Postgraduate studies in Geoscience, Engineering or Business viewed favourably
- Five years post-graduate experience in Mining - preferably across more than one operation
- Advanced software skills in 3D mining software, preferably Vulcan and Leapfrog
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Experience in narrow-vein Au exploration or mining
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/
Why work for us?
Live and work in Waihi, situated close to unspoiled beaches and the stunning Coromandel scenery. In addition to a competitive salary, also benefit from a relocation package and free Southern Cross Healthcare. Join an expanding business offering excellent career progression.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Wednesday, 8 December 2021 Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 8 Dec 2021
- Mining >> Other