The Senior Supervisor will manage the activities of planning and scheduling the maintenance team in alignment with OceanaGold’s values (Respect, One Team, Contribute, Knowledge). Responsible for the particular focus on enhancing equipment reliability, managing costs, training and reduce environmental incidents, by leading the team in the development of strategies and processes that will optimize the production performance while ensuring effective use of available resources.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain and Promote safety health & environmental awareness to prevent injuries and/or damage.
- Ensure all incidents are reported via line management and ensure open communication is maintained for all HS&E information.
- Lead front line Maintenance Supervisors to guide their teams in quality, timeliness, continuous improvement, and accountability.
- Manage short- and long-term planning, scheduling, and reliability work.
- Communicate and drive Key Performance Indicators across the maintenance department.
- Ensure data integrity for tracking and reporting.
- Develop training plans to equip the maintenance crews to be successful in their roles.
- Implement a departmental improvement plan to meet company objectives.
- Assist with interviews as needed for open positions.
- Foster a work environment of continuous improvement.
- Review progress against weekly and monthly plans, implementing necessary improvements to be successful.
- Promote and comply with all company policies, standards, procedures and MSHA regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Specialized training on mechanical systems and 10+ years related experience or bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, hydraulics, or related technical field.
- Minimum of 8 years Supervisory experience.
- Proven track record of maintenance scheduling and workflow solutions.
- Creative problem-solving, a high attention to detail and a hands-on approach.
- Experience with project management methodologies and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to details.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office products (excel, word, power point).
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 Jan 2022