The SMP Projects Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and monitoring construction activities for site projects being undertaken by the Capital Projects Group. The position will assist under the overall direction of the Project Manager and aid with coordinating the daily activities between contractors and construction management for the various projects being undertaken onsite.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning and executing Construction activities
- Manage contractor(s) on site
- Provide technical expertise
- Assist in the development of Project Policies and Procedures
- Liaison with OGC operations and maintenance groups
- Promote safety health & environmental awareness in order to prevent injuries and/or damage.
- Carry out and document field leadership safety interactions with work groups.
- Take all appropriate actions to remove and/or manage the hazards within Construction work areas.
- Ensure all incidents are reported via line management and ensure open communication is maintained for all HS&E information.
- Lead and Participate in incident investigations and ensure actions are implemented and closed in the required time frames.
- Participate in Project Risk assessment development for work packages/projects and actively monitor/implement subsequent control measures.
- Develop working relationships with the Site Operations Team, to enable longer term working relationships between Project teams to grow.
- Assist the Superintendent in identifying resource skills and opportunities within the Project Execution team to execute tasks and act as the liaison with these resources to initiate and manage the Capital works being undertaken.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Provide direct support to the Superintendent to assist in the expediting of capital works under the PM’s control.
- Coordinate interfaces between the Project Superintendent, QAQC, 3rd party survey, contractor and any other relevant party to field project needs regarding the completion of activities.
- Maintain daily records of works management, including incidents, progress, delays and the achievement of milestones. Ensure the Superintendent is promptly informed of all relevant matters and developments associated with construction activities and site works management.
- Ensure construction activities are being completed as indicated in the construction documents.
- Report any variations in actual construction from construction documents to Superintendent.
- Provide input and oversight for construction methodology to improve efficiency
- Provide inputs for daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide data for the tracking and reporting against schedule for all Project related activities.
- Proactively highlight any events that may adversely affect project schedule to the Project Superintendent/Manager in a timely fashion.
- Provide field data for the subsequent management of cost tracking.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years relevant construction experience.
- Previous HDPE and piping system installation experience.
- Superintendent level experience for an industrial contractor.
- Precision equipment installation and/or millwright experience a plus.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with construction on mine sites.
- Trade Qualifications or Degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Mining/Civil, Mechanical, Fabrication) is highly preferred.
- MSHA 40 HR Trained or past MSHA training preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically.
- A motivated self-starter who can operate autonomously when required.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan.
- Excellent planning, organizing and prioritization capabilities.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity
- Develops and maintains a positive working relation with others
- Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment
- Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the mine
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office - Report writing and cost reporting ability.
- Read and understand construction documents
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices and crane size requirements based on lifting conditions
- Knowledge of best welding and pipe fitting practices
- Knowledge or training in HDPE fusion
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 Jan 2022