Haile Gold Mine is looking for a Production Metallurgist to join the team. The Production Metallurgist will be part of the constructive leadership culture balancing focus on tasks and needs of the people through achievement-oriented goal setting and humanistic encouraging behaviors.
To participate as part of the technical processing team to identify and realize aspects associated with ore processing, to maximize gold ounces recovered. Develop sampling and testing regimes and analyze data for project work to realize process plant recovery and throughput improvements.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maximize the value of our natural resources, plant and equipment through:
- Contributing to safe work environment with a goal of no lost time injuries.
- Developing team members to increase value globally and within the team.
- Achieving or exceeding budget compliant targets for gold production.
- Achieving or exceeding budget compliant targets necessary for cost/ton and AISC.
- Actively improving areas of safety and environmental protection and awareness.
- Contributing to departmental performance in turn increasing milling OEE%.
- Conduct and assist with investigative and systematic testing for plant recovery improvements, cost reduction and/or plant throughput improvements.
- Attend to a variety of production / metallurgy meetings and maintain required channels of communication.
- Coordinate and manage external consultants and resources as required.
- Help coordinate activities for metallurgical laboratory as required.
- Attend trainings/development programs and perform other reasonable duties required by the Company.
- Demonstrate at all times the OGC values of Respect, One Team, Contribute, and Knowledge.
- Adhere to Health, Safety, and Environmental policies. Contributes to the achievement of targets & objectives, and applies procedures, permits and instructions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, or other science related field(s).
- Two or more years of experience in ore processing operations preferred.
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) requirements.
- Basic knowledge of comminution, flotation, CIL, carbon handling, refining, cyanide destruction circuits.
- Basic knowledge of analytical and metallurgical laboratory operations.
- Basic knowledge of plant process control systems including advanced process control techniques.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgical accounting procedures and gold standards protocols.
- Advanced problem-solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including goal setting and monitoring of both own and others’ performance.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes is beneficial.
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Mar 2022