Haile Gold Mine is looking for a Civil Projects Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have experience with building tailings dams, comfortable reading and interpreting blueprints and supervising contractors to provide effective support in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Haile is an expanding open pit operation and will develop underground mining in 2022 which will bring with it a lot opportunities.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning and executing Construction activities
- Manage contractor(s) on site
- Assist in the development of Project Policies and procedures
- Liaison with OGC operations and maintenance groups
- Promote safety health & environmental awareness in order to prevent injuries and/or damage
- Carry out and document field leadership safety interactions with work groups
- Take all appropriate actions to remove and/or manage the hazards within Construction work areas
- Ensure all incidents are reported via line management and ensure open communication is maintained for all HS&E information
- Lead and Participate in incident investigations and ensure actions are implemented and closed in the required time frames.
- Ensure company Safety Management Systems are included in any review or development of Project documentation.
- Participate in Project Risk assessment development for work packages/projects and actively monitor/implement subsequent control measures
- Develop working relationships with the Site Operations Team, to enable longer term working relationships between Project teams to grow
- Assist the Superintendent in identifying resource skills and opportunities within the Project Execution team to execute tasks and act as the liaison with these resources to initiate and manage the Capital works being undertaken
- Coordinate interfaces between the Project Superintendent, QAQC, 3rd party survey, contractor and any other relevant party to field project needs in regard to the completion of activities
- Maintain daily records of works management, including incidents, progress, delays and the achievement of milestones. Ensure the Superintendent is promptly informed of all relevant matters and developments associated with construction activities and site works management
- Ensure construction activities are being completed as indicated in the construction documents
- Report any variations in actual construction from construction documents to Superintendent
- Provide production information as needed to the Project Team
- Provide input and oversight for construction methodology to improve efficiency
- Provide inputs for daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Provide data for the tracking and reporting against schedule for all Project related activities
- Proactively highlight any events that may adversely affect project schedule to the Project Superintendent/Manager in a timely fashion
- Provide field data for the subsequent management of cost tracking
- Actively look for opportunities to implement cost savings without effecting safety, schedule or quality of works being undertaken
- Ensure all works under area of control are completed to a standard that is fit for purpose and meets the end users’ requirement
- Ensure works under area of control have the appropriate QA/QC documentation (inspection test plans) in place prior to the work commencing. Carry out QC inspections and ensure QC inspection test plans are signed off at the required witness and hold points prior to work progressing
- Ensure that quantity and quality of testing is as prescribed by project specifications and/or record of construction
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant construction experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office
- Report writing and cost reporting ability Read and understand construction documents
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Mar 2022